Tuesday 26 June 2018

All About The Blogger – Getting To Know You

All About The Blogger – Getting To Know You
Please provide a short introduction to your blog including your name, your blog’s name and niche. 
Hi, I’m Sabina and I have been blogging at Mummy Matters since 2009.  Mummy Matters is a magazine style blog focusing on family and lifestyle with all that it encompasses (which as a family of 6 with children ranging from 5 to 16 is a lot).  
Q1. How would your best friend describe you?  
From Wendy: “Sabina has a wicked sense of humour and is an extremely loyal friend, although she quite openly admits she is not great at keeping in touch 😉When you spend time with Sabina, you can be sure it will be quality time and I ALWAYS leave her with a smile on my face and know that next time we meet up, even though it may be weeks apart, it will seem like only yesterday.”
Q2. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
For me the best thing about blogging has been that I can work when I want, on what I want and I can make it fit around my family.  If I hadn’t started my blog then I would have returned to the workplace and Lillie would have gone into nursery which was something I really didn’t want.  Blogging has enabled me to be a stay at home Mum to all of my children, has given us opportunities we never would have imagined and has given me a sense of purpose and pride for what I have achieved over the past 9 years.
Q3. If you could change anything about blogging, what would it be?
The same thing that I would change about any career; the bitchiness.  There is a lot of backstabbing wherever you work so it isn’t just reserved for bloggers.
I would like to see more of a standard for pay as it does tend to be a ‘stick your finger in the air’ kind of scenario.
Q4. If you were invited to a Blogger’s Cocktail Party, which three bloggers would you invite and why?
Eeek, why did I write this question in here??  It’s absolutely impossible for me to choose just three as I have two particular groups of bloggers that I speak with regularly.  In which case, I am going to choose some of my original blogging buddies that I would love to catch up with – Jax at Mummys Little Monkey because we NEVER get to see each other anymore and I miss her crazy sense of humour.  Mirka Moore because we used to speak loads but now have drifted in different directions (although I did run into her last week for 10 minutes which was brilliant) and Kara Guppy because I haven’t seen her for ages either and it’s about time we had a catch up!
Q5. What is the best blogging tip you have been given?
So many over the years.  I think the best tips would be to be true to yourself, to ‘pay it forward’ so if someone offers you an opportunity, pass them onto to someone else who deserves help when you have completed your work.  
Q6. When you aren’t blogging, where is your favourite place to visit for a day out?
I love to be outdoors with my family so we like to find big open spaces to explore like Rutland Water where we can run, scoot, bike and relax as a family.
Q7. Tell us about your guilty pleasure.  It could be food, drink, a TV programme or your favourite band.
Hmmm I would have to say Home & Away.  I used to watch it all the time as a teenager and got back into it again a few years ago.  I don’t watch it religiously but I do enjoy binge watching when I haven’t watched it for a few weeks.
Q8. If you knew you were going to be marooned on a desert island and could take 3 luxury items with you, what would they be?
Chocolate, music and my camera.
Q9. What was the last good book you read?
Jane Fallon’s My Sweet Revenge.  My cousin bought it for my birthday and she was an author I hadn’t heard of before but I loved her writing and laughed out loud often throughout the book.
Q10. Describe your perfect date night?
My perfect date would be an evening of laughter, music and dancing anywhere with Simon, it’s the simple things.

Blog URL: https://deepinmummymatters.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MummyMatters
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mummymatters/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYQ27-L2TcALLpK_AzqbHlA









No comments:

Post a Comment

All About The Blogger – Getting To Know You

All About The Blogger – Getting To Know You Please provide a short introduction to your blog including your name, your blog’s name and ni...